Monday, February 7, 2011

Online Communities

When it comes to Online Communities I am a novice, I use social networks like Facebook and Skype and Youtube but that is the extent of my online community.
Being away from my home missing my parents and friends, I have found that I am using these social networks differently to how I would if I were still in Australia, I would usually use facebook when bored at work now I am usingfacebook and to a greater extent Skype to keep in touch with what is going on in Australia with all the recent floods and hurricane;. Skype has been my best friend at times when feeling homesick I can see my parents or friends while I am talking to them. Facebook has been useful to upload pictures for friends to see what it is like to live over here and see some of the cultural differences.
 
 

Emails have proven to be a lifesaver for me over the past few weeks I would probably have spent all my savings on phone bills back to Australia by now trying to organise courses at Clemson that are approved by my University back home.

After being away from home even though for only 4 weeks Online communities are underrated and taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment