Monday, February 7, 2011

Image Editing

This is the original picture I took when I was in LA watching the Lakers vs Hornets. It was my first NBA game I have ever seen and even though we were in the back row it was such an experience. We even got to see Kobe move to 7th all time on the NBA scoring list http://www.realsportszone.com/kobe-to-ninth-all-time-scoring-lakers-top-hornets/.

The edited image is above. The program I have (PHOTOfunSTUDIO) makes it really easy to resize an image. You can select the width and height that you want for the image, when it comes to editing the image there are features that you can choose to edit the picture. The features I selected were resizing the image and making it a black and white picture by using the grey scale.

 "Black and white photography not only gives pictures a classic and timeless quality, it adds a touch of class. Some photos work equally well in color and black and white, but for most, black and white will either ruin or dramatically improve the image" http://www.ehow.com/how_2066826_use-black-white-photography.html#ixzz1DHcH48vb.

The photo is not the best to demonstrate the effectiveness of a greyscale photo but I like the edited photo more than the original; it looks more classy in my opinion, I hope in my coming blogs I will be able to show a better adaptation of a connverted colour image to greyscale.

1 comment: